Monday, February 4, 2013

Jokes

I like to think that I am a pretty easy going guy, but I realized something over the weekend: gender jokes (whether about me or not) are not something I keep a cool head about.  I don't know if that will always be the case but for right now I get all fired up.  I think it is probably because half the time I have people calling me a girl while the a quarter of the time people just openly stare at me trying to figure out my gender and then the other quarter of the time I get properly labeled as the gender I know myself to be...the last thing I want is to read or hear someone making a joke about gender.  Don't get me wrong dumb guy jokes and "women should be making me a sandwich" jokes don't bother me.  I don't know how to define the line and what crosses over it...but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment