Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Surgery fund

So at the shop I put a jar on the front counter, and rather than putting "TIPS" on it I put "Surgery Fund".  I did that at the beginning of February and I actually have gotten more money than I thought I would have.  

But I really want to give a shout out to one of my friends, Josh.  We went out and he was asking how I was...I said I would be better if I had 8 grand so I could just get my surgery over with.  He looked at me and said "I'll give you a hundred."  I was slightly dumbfounded.  Times are hard (especially financially) and to have a friend just offer up a hundred dollars is incredibly moving.  He said he had no issue giving me the money because it was for the greater good.  

So surgery fund is officially starting...let's see how soon I can schedule my surgery....

1 comment: