Friday, December 28, 2012

Transqueer Nation

So I recently just joined a group called Transqueer nation.  There are forums and discussions that really help me out a lot...and I think it is even more awesome because it is not just for people who are trans or queer anyone can join up.

There are some people who like to say, "Well, why do you need your own site?  The more you talk about your differences the less accepting people are going to become."  Unfortunately I have actually heard that.  My response is:

  1.  The site does not exclude anyone who wants to join as long as they aren't going to bash people on it.  
  2. It isn't the fact that we are celebrating our differences that makes people less likely to be accepting, if anything it helps younger (or should I say newer) people in the trans community to accept who they are and realize that it is not wrong or a sin or anything else people use to make it seem like you are an inferior species because of something you cannot control!
  3. I don't care about people who are not accepting.  They must have had such a horrible thing happen to them that they cannot just love and be loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment