Saturday, December 15, 2012

Why use a packer?

For a transman they can use a packer or not, it is after all a very personal decision.

I use my packer when I know I am going to be meeting someone new or if I am going to some place new.  I wear one because; 1) Even if it is a small bulge it is much more likely that you will be able to pass 2) it really does change your stance and 3) of course there is always the accidental bumpage.

  1. The first thing people notice when they meet someone new (especially someone who looks androgynous) is they look at your chest and your crotch.  If they see a flat chest but no bump or vice - versa it will still leave them confused and they will just assume whichever gender makes sense.  So if there are both you are more likely to pass as the desired male gender.
  2. You don't really ever stand with your legs closed with something dangling between your legs.  You have a wider sitting position as well.  It helps you remember to take up space.  Men often take up more space then they need.  It just helps as a little reminder.
  3. If I am in a club or dancing with someone or whatever the case may be and they brush up against my crotch without the packer that could be a bit awkward.  You know?
Well that will be all for now!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment