Thursday, November 15, 2012

Poem about my journey

I haven't really been writing all that much (poetry wise anyway), so this is my first piece in awhile.  It is sort of out there and there are probably people who aren't going to get it...but this is how I choose to express my feelings about my journey so far.  Still working on a title though:

It is this strange sort of melody
with electronic
and historic lighting
singing a duet.
One leads me toward my future
while the other urges me
not to forget my past.

The screen seems blinding
while the candle burns bright.

Looking back I find situations
that left my soul believing
it could not conceivably have felt worse.
And though my future may be completely unknown
it leaves my very existence
with a feeling full of possibility,
full of hope.

Somehow I find my way back,
back to my present
with a reality
of being completely content
with where I am
at this exact moment.

No my life is far from perfect,
but it is mine all the same.
Only I can live it,
so I choose to live it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment