Monday, November 5, 2012

Helpful Tips for dating a Transman

No I am not dating anyone right now...but I figured I might as well write about this before I am blinded by love, or just if I do start dating someone they can just read and they don't have to worry about asking me.

So here are some guidelines, or helpful hints to dating me as a transman*:

  1. Don't call me your girlfriend
    • This is kind of self explanatory I think, but even if you are dating me and you identify as a lesbian I am NOT a girl.  But even when it is just the two of us, I am a guy so please don't do it!  Male Pronouns in general are the way to go.
  2. Don't out me
    • There are some people who will know me from the past, but I want to move forward.  Anyone who is just meeting me can think that I am just another guy.  It is in no way that I am ashamed of who I am and what I have to overcome, I simply just don't want to constantly be looked at as that transkid.
  3. Just ask
    • There are a lot of terms that transmen use (T, packing, binding, etc.) that might not be known very well to everyone else, so if you have a question just ask.  As long as you do it when it is just the two of us, or don't make it a big deal I don't care.
  4. Male compliments
    • Let's be honest, would you call a cis guy beautiful or pretty?  Now don't get me wrong you also don't have to say something like, "Oh you handsome hunk".  The one word I will accept no matter what however is "adorable".

*Heads Up - Everyone is different, some things that might be important to me might not be as important to another transman and vice versa.  Best option is if you have a question just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment