Monday, October 22, 2012

Trans Puberty

So for a little while I will be going through what I like to call trans puberty.  With that having been said there is going to be a physical side as well as an emotional side to that.  The emotional side I am already feeling the effects of.  One effect is the bathroom conundrum, when I am further along in the process that will no longer be an issue, now it is.  There is also the issue of fitting in.  During puberty everyone is trying to figure themselves out and learn exactly where they belong.  I was at a party the other night where in one room was all lesbians, then in the living room it was divided between heterosexual men and on the other side of the room heterosexual women.  Though I see myself as a man I did not really feel as though I fit into any of those groups.  Now on to the physical.  Once injections begin (finding out today if my insurance will cover at least some of the cost) my voice will be changing, and because the hormone levels will take a bit for my body to grow accustomed to them I may very well get a little bit of pizza face.

Puberty sucks, no matter what time you go through it...so give a little sympathy to those of us who have to go through it twice.

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment