Sunday, September 30, 2012

Confidence

Confidence is a big thing for anyone.  Confidence can change how much self esteem you have for yourself...it can make or break a career...it can change your life.  Confidence, everyone needs it but how many of you can say you have it most of the time.  Now I can.  Being true to yourself not only opens up doors into happiness, but it also boosts your confidence like crazy.

There was one night...not so very long ago when I was hanging out with someone that I was crushing on, fairly hard, and I was the old me: sweet, down to earth, shy and did I mention shy?  Anyway all I wanted to do was kiss her, nothing more nothing less just a kiss.  But there was absolutely no way in hell that I was going to initiate it, and she knew that.  By the end of the night I ended up finding out that I may have had an ice cube's chance in hell for at least a kiss if I was just confident.  It sucks hearing or knowing that you can't do something because you are holding yourself back.  Confidence was and had always been a big barrier for me.

There is an upside to this post, I promise.  My point is that after coming out and coming to terms with who I actually am I have begun to exude confidence without even trying.  Now I can go out to a bar and I'll have a bartender buying me drinks (true story) or I'll go to my friend's party and get looked at like a piece of meat (and I kind of like it) or even get undressed by their eyes.  I am a better me just because I can be honest with myself.

Confidence, let yourself have it...you'll be glad you did!

Oh and confidence helps people have a hard time saying no to my smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment