Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brave Inspiration

When I came out (which is still pretty fresh considering officially it was only September 25th) the words that people kept saying to me were that I was an inspiration, and I was so brave for doing what I am doing.  Honestly I don't understand why it is this big thing, it shouldn't be.  I think it is such a big deal because unless you are a part of the trans community you really only hear the sensationalized stories about what it means to be or you hear how someone was attacked or killed.  There are trans people that don't have that happen to them, I know because I am one of them.  Now I am in no way saying that this is going to be an easy road and I also can't tell the future.  But what I do know is I have friends and family that support and love me.

If I inspired someone to go after the life that the want or discover more about the life they never knew they wanted that is great, I just don't understand why me saying enough is enough is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment