Thursday, November 7, 2013

1 year after coming out

So September 25th was one year after coming out to the world.  A lot of people asked me if I was happy.  I could only respond with "I am the happiest I have been in as long as I can remember."  Some people continued to show their support and let me know that I am an inspiration, courageous & other such things (which I am going to go into more detail in my next post).

I still consider myself incredibly lucky because I have not really faced any negativity.  No one has actually said or done anything to put me down or make me feel inferior (aside from people misgendering me).  I am sure I have said this before...and I am sure I will say it again, but it is truly sad that because I am being treated as a human being I am "Lucky".  It truly says something about the world that we live in if we cannot accept and appreciate the differences that make each one of us special, unique & one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment